Services/Terms & Conditions
I provide a comprehensive range of services for drivers of all abilities from complete beginners to qualified experienced drivers.
Driving courses range from a single hour lesson to intensive courses which are tailored to you requirements.
I offer refresher lessons if you have not driven for a while and feel you want to brush up your skills and build up you confidence.
After you have passed the driving test I offer Motorway lessons to build up you confidence of driving at higher speed.
Terms and Conditions – JAD Driving Tuition
As with all kinds of business there must be some ground rules to go back to, should there ever be a disagreement, and the words below are mine.
My first advice is, if you have a problem, please tell me. My aim is that you enjoy the learning experience.
The following terms and conditions represent the basis upon which driving lessons and courses are offered to you by Jurek Dabrowski advertised as “The Driving Instructor” or “JAD Driving Tuiiton”.
When must I take my lessons?
Lessons should start within 30 days after payment has been made and a block of lessons should be completed and all taken within 12 months else I will consider that the student has decided not to continue.
Refunds and guarantees
- In the event you pass your driving test with me and have unused tuition time will be refunded to you.
- If after the first five hours of driving you are not happy with my service, or you are unable to continue with the block of lessons purchased, any unused training time will be refunded to you.
- General Conduct
I will always be courteous, polite, tidy and punctual. I will also behave in a professional and ethical manner at all times. My car will be well maintained, clean and tidy. It will also be fitted with dual-controls and properly insured as a driving instructors vehicle. Any claims made against me as the result of an accident will be restricted to the terms of the insurance policy which is current at the time of the incident. Details of the policy will be made available on request. My car is a no Smoking area.
- Qualifications –
I am a qualified DSA Approved driving instructor.
- Course Materials –
If you require handouts I will provide these when necessary or direct you to websites where they are available.
- Driving License and Eyesight – The learner must hold a current, valid driving licence (provisional or full), which must be produced on or in advance of their first lesson. The learner must also check that they can read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 metres (i.e. 67 feet – about 5 car lengths) with glasses if normally worn. From June 2015 a driver (learner or licensed) must at the instructors request provide the necessary code to allow access to their driving record.
5. Payments Please note:
I do ask that payment must be made in advance of any lesson starting. I do ask that payment for discounted block bookings are paid in full before lessons start.
- Lesson Postponement or Cancellation – One days’ notice of a cancellation is required to avoid a lesson fee however if I can easily obtain additional work for any individual lessons cancelled, I do not ask for payment. If it is not possible to rebook the time set aside for your lesson I do ask you pay for your lesson. I do reserve the right to postpone lessons if I consider the weather or road conditions are unsuitable or dangerous. I cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of having to postpone any lessons, for whatever reason.
7. The Driving Test
a) Driving tests should be booked by you after you have checked my availability. Driving test bookings always take priority over other lessons. Therefore, your lesson may be postponed to allow for someone else’s driving test and vice-versa. Changes to lesson bookings as a result of this will be notified immediately. I would ask to be notified immediately a driving Test has been booked as my future lessons have to be booked around it; If sufficient notice is not given the availability of a vehicle for the test cannot be guaranteed.
b) Use of the vehicle In the interests of customer and public safety your I reserve the right to withhold the use of my car for the test if, in my opinion, your driving is actually or potentially dangerous.
c) Test cancellation
The DSA requires three clear working days notice of cancellation or postponement of your test. Failure to provide the required notice will result in the loss of your test fee. I cannot be held responsible for any postponement or cancellation of tests by you or the DSA for any reason.
8. Punctuality –
In their own interest learners are advised to be punctual for lesson appointments. I would normally wait for a maximum of 15 minutes before the full lesson would be abandoned and the lesson fee forfeited or become due for payment. A reciprocal waiting time may become necessary if I am delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. Any lesson time lost as a result of this would be made up by me either at the end of the normal lesson time if possible or at a later date.
9. Learner Comfort and Safety
In the interests of comfort and safety, learners are advised to wear suitable footwear and clothing which does not restrict movement. Learners must also take note of any medication they are taking that may affect their ability to drive safely and inform their instructor accordingly before taking any lesson booked.
10. Complaints – In the event of a complaint I will make all efforts to resolve the problem directly. However, please do not let a problem linger notify me as soon as possible so that a satisfactory solution can be sorted out.
11. Your statutory rights – These terms and conditions will not reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or incorrectly described goods or services provided .If you have any doubts about your statutory rights please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.